Thursday, December 27, 2012

it's morphing time!

Guys. I HAVE to share this book I started reading.

Do you ever feel frustrated with yourself? Wanting to do so many things, to change in a great way, to overcome a challenge in your life, but feeling so...powerless? I feel that a lot. I want to be the best I can be, to live up to the standard Jesus set in the Bible. But instead of feeling inspired and empowered, I feel discouraged and burdened. I put my Bible on the shelf so I don't have to be reminded of all that I am not.

This is not what God planned when He sent us the Bible, which is really His love letter to us! It helps us to connect to the One who loves us the most, and gives us hope and faith in this unstable and ruthless world. Jesus came to set us free, but Satan does not want that to happen - so he twists things to make us go back to a chained life of guilt, fear, and ineffectiveness.

I came across this book in my house, called:  "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg. The book is all about personal transformation. Jesus did not come to force us to deny ourselves, but to offer us a new way to live, as transformed creations. No longer do we have to be selfish, hateful, jealous, or depressed. He came to give us a piece of God that can live in us - the Holy Spirit - which brings peace, joy, love, patience, faithfulness, self-control, and more. This plus the promise of living in paradise forever, being saved from eternal pain and suffering! Doesn't that sound like the better path? A no-brainer, right?


Clearly, it's harder than it sounds, or else we would all be triumphant transformed individuals. 

One reason: there are powerful, evil forces spending their entire lives trying to distract, confuse, and destroy us. 

For this reason, this book is so helpful because it teaches concrete disciplines we can put in practice daily to achieve the potential God destined us for, to live fulfilling lives, and ultimately to leave this world victorious and be with Him forever.

I've only read the first 3 chapters, but have already gained a new vision and hope, and wish the same inspiration for you. :)

In his continual grace,

Meg

P.S. Are you reading any good books lately? Please share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

any thoughts? ideas? comments? write em here!