Friday, January 11, 2013

a heart full of love

Hey guys,

This week I've been learning about humility. I have been majorly humbled by how weak I really am! It's like one second I have discovered a deep insight and feel the victory of overcoming an insecurity - and then the next I'm back to square one, believing Satan's lies about God, myself, and my circumstances. That God doesn't really believe in me or love me, that I will never meet His expectations and should just give up trying. I see challenges with friends, school, family, and struggle with my inner battle to do what is right. It is all exhausting to dwell on and steals my peace and joy.

Confession: I am incredibly powerless on my own.

Discovery: God has given me a piece of Himself - His Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline! It says in Galatians that the Spirit produces joy, love, peace, kindness and self-control!
(Phew, there is HOPE!)

So this week, the first week back to school, as I've been feeling more powerless, discouraged, and hopeless about my life, there is a way out! I just gotta get on my knees and pray to be filled with God's Spirit. Jesus said that the peace he gives is a gift the world cannot give (John 14:27). I won't find true peace in shopping, tv shows, getting attention from guys, or yoga. Because the things of this world cannot give the true, lasting peace that only God can give.

I pray that you get to experience Jesus' peace this week a midst the challenges and discouraging things that come your way. You are not alone :)

Love,

meg.

3 comments:

  1. So true!
    There are those times when we feel so much hopeless :(

    When I read such words that are full of hope, I find it very confusing T_T

    The trinity and the nature of God is really confusing!
    I hate being away from God, but in the same time, I hated believing in something that cannot be comprehensible!

    Isn't it enough to just believe in God only?
    I feel so much connected to the concept of oneness..

    any thoughts?
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey!

    Sorry, just discovered your comment. I understand, hope is hard to understand and the Trinity is definitely a confusing concept!

    Have you ever read the Bible deeply, for yourself? Reading it has helped me to understand the truth and build a relationship with Jesus, which has made all the difference.

    It's not enough to just believe in God because he sent Jesus to save us:

    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

    He says that our way to be reunited with God is through knowing Jesus. And when Jesus left this world, he left his followers with the gift of the Spirit, a piece of God's soul to be a guide for Christians since Jesus is not physically here to lead anymore.

    I don't know where you stand in your faith, but if you want to continue this conversation/ask more questions, here's my email :) meagan.shantz@gmail.com

    love, meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Meg, your faith is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

any thoughts? ideas? comments? write em here!